Transparency Maldives (TM) is seeking individuals/parties for the position of Survey Consultant.
Position Title: Survey Consultant
Minimum period of commitment: 25 days
Application deadline: 1500 hrs. 14th January 2016
Location: Male’, Maldives
View/download the Terms of Reference
1. Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavors to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and to eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people. Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
2. Position Summary
Transparency Maldives is seeking a consultant to assist in conducting a survey. The consultant will review the questionnaire prepared by TM, select a sample and analyze the collected data. which will then be used by the consultant to produce a survey report. It isn’t a time bound consultation, therefore the consultant can work during convenient times for him or her, as long as we are provided with the survey report by 17th March 2016. Work that needs to be done with the project staff will be coordinated from both sides. 3. Key responsibilities:
- Review the questionnaire drafted by TM and provide comments.
- Research the amount of practicing lawyers and select a sample size for the survey.
- Analyze the collected data with project staff.
- Compile and finalize the survey report.
3. Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in research, human rights, or a related field demonstrably relevant to the position.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the research sector.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Closing date for applications: 14th January 2016
Application and selection procedure:
Submit 1) Letter of interest, 2) Curriculum Vitae and 3) Quotation with a timeline via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director. For queries contact Afnan Latheef, Project Coordinator (955 9080).