Training name: Journalism training workshop
Dates: 11-13th December 2016
Location: N. Kudafari
Application deadline: 05.00pm, 5th December 2016
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavors to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Transparency Maldives seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people.
Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
About the training workshop
This training workshop aims to strengthen the participants’ capacity to identify and research issues present in the society and to structure powerful stories in fresh and appealing ways. It will provide an opportunity to learn by doing, which will help the participants to conduct real-life investigations, impart self-confidence to understand the root causes of issues in the society, and help to structure and time the exposures to get maximum impact out of the stories. Upon completion of this training workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Apply essential methods required to research, cross-check, and structure information to reveal authentic scoops.
- Learn-by-doing to present in-depth stories on important issues using different media formats to increase impact and raise public awareness.
The training workshop will be held in N. Kudafari from 11th to 13th December 2016. Sessions will be conducted by local and international experts on diverse areas. Following the success of this workshop, Transparency Maldives intends to continue a series of similar workshops for a duration of five months, with sessions held once a month on a weekend.
Transparency Maldives will bear all travel and other training related expenses.
- Journalists working in any medium including broadcast, print, online, video; or journalism students currently enrolled in a college/university; or journalists who have reported in one or multiple media in the Maldives.
- Ability to travel for the full duration of the workshop.
Guidelines for application
Interested individuals may apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1700hrs on 5th of December 2016 with the following documents:
- CV of the applicant.
- A written statement either in Dhivehi or English, no longer than 500 words, indicating the reason for applying and why you should be considered for this course.
- Two samples of recently published work or academic papers submitted as part of college/university coursework in Dhivehi or English.
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Only successful applicants will be notified by email by 7th December 2016.
Download Call for Application here