Terms of Reference
Transparency Maldives (TM) is seeking individuals/parties for the following service contract.
Position Title: Translator
Minimum period of commitment: 07 days
Number of pages: Approximately 90-95 pages
Application deadline: 23 February 2017
- Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavors to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Transparency Maldives seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people.
Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
- Purpose of the Assignment
Transparency Maldives is seeking a consultant to translate a qualitative review report produced by TM on the Review on Admission and Dismissal of members of Independent Institutions from English to Dhivehi.
- Key Responsibilities
- Translate approximately 90-95 page survey report from English to Dhivehi.
- Microsoft Word file of complete translated Dhivehi review report.
- Duration of the Assignment
The consultant is expected to start the assignment in February 2017 and complete deliverables within 7-9 days.
- Reporting Procedure
The consultant will work closely with the Senior Project Coordinator on administrative and substantive matters.
- Qualifications and competencies
- Excellent knowledge of Dhivehi translation.
- Excellent command of Dhivehi and English language
- Proven experience in translating from English to Dhivehi.
Closing date for applications: Before 4:00 pm on 23 February 2017.
Application and selection procedures:
Interested applicants should submit an email to email@example.com addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director.
The subject line must read “Translator”. The content of the application should not be longer than 5 pages and must include the following:
- A summary of relevant experience (attach a brief CV, providing evidence that you are qualified to undertake this assignment).
- Portfolio/examples of similar assignments that you have undertaken (two to three), preferably in the Maldives, over the past 3-5 years.
- Proposed Charges.
- Two relevant references.
Applications must be in English or Dhivehi. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The contract will be awarded on a lump sum/fixed cost basis. The application should state the bid amount (in MVR) for undertaking the work. Transparency Maldives retains the right to reject any or all of the applications and/or to enter into additional negotiations with one or more of the tendering parties to help define the exact scope of the work and deliverables
Download TOR here