Transparency Maldives is seeking individuals/parties for the position of Legal Research Consultant.
Position Title: Legal Research Consultant
Minimum period of commitment: 10 days
Application deadline: 1500 hrs. 29th December 2015
Location: Male’, Maldives
View/download Terms of Reference
I. Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavours to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and to eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people. Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
II. Position Summary
- Transparency Maldives is seeking a consultant to develop training materials on judicial reform. The consultant will review the research done by TM and prepare and draft a manual, which will be used to train recruits for the project. The consultant would also advise the project team on delivering the key modules on the manual.
III. Key responsibilities:
- Undertake research pertinent to judicial reform.
- Ensure that the manual conforms to international best practice.
- Develop session materials and compile the manual.
- Conduct a training of trainers session.
- Contribute in the training of recruits.
- Address comments provided by Transparency Maldives.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in law, human rights, or a related field demonstrably relevant to the position.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the legal sector.
- Familiarity with the judicial system of the Maldives.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to facilitate and deliver sessions.
Closing date for applications: 29th December 2015
Application and selection procedure
Submit 1)Letter of interest, 2)Curriculum Vitae and 3) Quotation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director. For queries contact Afnan Latheef (955 9080).