Terms of Reference:
Report Editor for the Anti-Corruption Agency Strengthening Initiative Report on Maldives
Transparency Maldives is seeking the services of a Report Editor the for Anti-Corruption Agency Strengthening Initiative Report.
View/Download TOR here
Position title: Report Editor
Expected period of commitment: 1 Week
Application deadline: 04.00pm, 6th November 2016
Location: Male’, Maldives
- Organization Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavors to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Transparency Maldives seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people.
Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
- Background to the assignment
A strong Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) is a powerful asset in the fight against corruption. When they are independent of the government and empowered to investigate allegations, they have the potential to hold even the most powerful people in society to account.
Recognizing the potential of ACAs in combating corruption Transparency International has recently launched the ACA Strengthening (ACA) Initiative, the purpose of which is to undertake assessments of ACAs throughout South Asia.
Research Teams of each National Chapter will be responsible for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the ACA in their relevant country prior to publishing those findings in a comprehensive written assessment which will also include recommendations addressing perceived performance gaps; this will serve as a prelude to media engagement and stakeholder consultations to support the institution to become a more effective Anti-Corruption Agency.
- Purpose of the assignment:
To review and edit the complete draft of the Anti-Corruption Agency Strengthening Initiative report.
To produce a thoroughly revised and edited draft of the ACA SI report to a satisfactory quality. In addition to correcting for any syntactical errors the editor is also expected to rephrase where necessary to ensure narrative consistency, clarity of prose and continuity of argument.
- Timeline: The editor is expected to complete the work within seven days of commencing work.
- Reporting procedure: The editor will report to the Research-Coordinator of the Anti-Corruption Agency Strengthening Initiative, Mimrah Abdul Ghafoor ([email protected]) for any inquiries.
- Minimum masters degree in Journalism/Communications/International Relations/Sociology or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in work involving writing and editing
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Ability to quickly analyze and evaluate complex information
Closing date for applications: Before 04.00pm, Sunday, 6th November 2016.
Application and selection procedures: Interested applicants should submit an email to Mimrah Abdul Ghafoor ([email protected]). The subject line must read “ACA SI Editor”. The content of the application should not be longer than 5 pages and must include the following:
- A summary of relevant experience (attach a brief CV, providing evidence that you are qualified to undertake this assignment).
- Portfolio/examples of similar assignments that you have undertaken (two to three), preferably in the Maldives, over the past 3-5 years.
- Proposed Charges.
Applications must be in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The contract will be awarded on a lump sum/fixed cost basis. The application should state the bid amount (in MVR) for undertaking the work. Transparency Maldives retains the right to reject any or all of the applications and/or to enter into additional negotiations with one or more of the tendering parties to help define the exact scope of the work and deliverables to be undertaken.