We are looking for an energetic, motivated, driven individual for the post of Gender Sensitization Training Development Consultant.
Position title: Consultant
Expected period of commitment: 21 days
Application deadline: Before 1600 hrs, 20 April 2015.
Location: Male’, Maldives
View/download the full Terms of Reference
1. Organization Background
Transparency Maldives (TM) is a non-political organization that endeavours to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people.
Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
2. Background to the assignment.
One of the key recommendations following from TM’s election observation effort of the 2013-2014 election cycle is to design interventions to increase women’s political participation in the Maldives. In the past, TM has worked under different projects to empower women and increase women’s political participation including trainings for local councilors and candidates and women’s development committee members. Building on this, TM plans to involve the media in promoting women’s political participation. To achieve this TM plans to conduct training programs for practicing journalists and journalism students.
3. Responsibilities of the consultant
• Conduct a brief needs assessment to identify specific training areas through interviews with relevant individuals and institutions.
• Based on the findings of the assessment, design and develop training modules in consultation with TM and technical persons.
• Develop an evaluation and analysis instrument that will measure changes in attitudes of workshop participants to be administered both immediately before and after the workshops.
• Conduct a Training of Trainers (ToT) for TM staff and partners.
• Gather feedback from the participants of the ToT and finalize training modules.
• Finalize assessment and analysis instruments.
• Deliver final assessment, analysis instruments and training modules along with usage guide of the modules.
Closing date for applications: Before 0400pm Monday, 20 April 2015.
Application and selection procedures: Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit a CV, Expression of Interest stating why the applicant is suitable for the position, the timeframe, fee, and names of two referees to Project Coordinator, Shifza Omar at [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you are short-listed you will be notified by either phone or email.