Transparency Maldives (TM), supported by the International Foundation for Electoral System (IFES), is seeking individuals/parties for the following service contract.
Position Title: Democracy Survey Layout and Graphics Designer
Minimum period of commitment: 15 days
Application deadline: 12 September 2015
Location: Male’, Maldives
View/download the Terms of Reference
I. Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a non-partisan organization that endeavours to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and to eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people.
Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
II. Project Summary
TM, supported by IFES is conducting a Civic Participation Project (CPP) to increase political and civic participation, promote the democratic transition through improved transparency and good governance, and support the consolidation of democratic values and norms in Maldives.
As part of CPP, TM is conducting a democracy survey to contribute to the promotion of democracy, promote a clearer understanding of democracy and provide a platform for dialogue. This survey will provide reliable benchmark data against which the progress of the Maldivian transition to democracy might be measured in the future.
Work is underway to compile and publish the findings of the Democracy Survey 2015. We are seeking the services of a layout and graphics designer to design and develop, the Democracy Survey report, an infographic and a video.
III. Key Responsibilities
- Layout design of Democracy Survey 2015(approximately 100 pages of text), in English and Dhivehi, including graphs, charts.
- Layout design of an infographic, in English and Dhivehi.
- Develop a 30 – 60 second video based on the findings of Democracy Survey 2015.
- Print-ready design of the Democracy Survey 2015 report, in Dhivehi and English in both vector and PDF formats.
- Print-ready design of the Democracy Survey 2015 infographic.
- 40 – 60 second video on Democracy Survey findings.
V. Duration of the Assignment
The consultant is expected to start the assignment on 15th September 2014 and complete all final deliverables by 30 September 2015
VI. Reporting Procedure
The consultant will report to the Senior Project Coordinator of the CPP project on administrative and substantive matters.
VII. Qualifications and competencies
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the field of campaign, preferably with experience in social issues related awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of layout and design in both Dhivehi and English.
- Proven experience in video concept development and production.
Closing date for applications: Before 5:00 pm on 12th September 2015.
Application and selection procedures: Submit 1) a letter of interest 2) curriculum vitae or portfolio, and 3) quotation via email to [email protected] addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director. For queries contact Najiya Hameed (759 5596).