We are looking for an energetic, motivated, driven individual for the post of Project Coordinator.
View/download the Terms of Reference
I. Project Summary
Project Name: Strengthening Transparency, Accountability and Integrity in the area of Climate Governance
This project is a continuation of the Climate Finance Integrity Project (CFIP) undertaken by TM between 2012 and 2013. The project objective is to improve the governance of climate financing national levels, and will focus on following up on the recommendations of the Climate Finance Integrity Assessment undertaken in 2013 through wider advocacy and public relations work to disseminate the research results from the previous project and widen the scope of engagement with national stakeholders.
II. Position Summary
The Project Coordinator will be a core member of the Transparency Maldives team, and will be responsible for the implementation of the project components stated below.
a. Key Roles and Responsibilities
– Undertake 4 page review of the key national entities responsible for climate finance for mitigation and adaptation projects since the 2013 Assessment undertaken by TM.
– Organise sessions for youth groups on the global climate finance governance e-learning tool.
– Develop an advocacy action plan to follow up on the recommendations from the Assessment.
– Regular, timely and accurate financial and narrative reporting on project implementation including regular collection of information on pre-defined indicators.
– Undertake research, reporting and translation as needed including
– Develop and manage stakeholder relations to ensure that project activities are implemented.
– Coordinate the dissemination of Transparency Maldives’ key messages, advocacy tools and other products, including outreach activities for dissemination of messages and preparation of communication and promotional multi-media materials relevant to the project.
– Collate information related to corruption, good governance and climate finance governance in the Maldives; and keep informed of developments and trends in the field.
III. Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st February 2015
IV. Duration of Contract: An initial fixed-term initial contract of 3 months with the possibility of extension.
V. Application and selection procedures:
Please e-mail the following documents addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you are shortlisted you will be notified via telephone/e-mail by 2nd February 2015. Interviews are expected to take place between 3-4th February 2015.
– Covering letter explaining your suitability for the role.
– Recent curriculum vitae.
– Names and contact details of two referees