Job Title: Project Coordinator (fulltime)
Location: Male’, Maldives with occasional travel
Remuneration: Negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications
Start date: Immediate
View/download the Terms of Reference.
1. Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives is a nonpolitical organization that endeavors to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people. Transparency Maldives received formal government registration in 2007, and is the National Contact of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
2. Position Summary
The Project Coordinator will be a core member of Transparency Maldives, and will coordinate one of TMs projects. She or he will also be responsible for organizing trainings and stakeholder consultations; networking and building partnerships; and ensuring all project activities is implemented effectively.
3. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize and facilitate trainings and consultations with stakeholders.
- Network and build partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise interns and project team members.
- Develop the work plan and communication plan relevant to the project.
- Keep updated on developments in the judicial sector of the Maldives.
- Collect data for monitoring and evaluation of the project activities based on set indicators, and prepare reports for the donor and senior management.
- Draft specifications for consultancies and manage consultants.
- Prepare financial and narrative report for donors and the senior management; and act as the main point of contact for the donor.
- Draft press advisories, press releases, coordinate interviews, monitor media coverage, coordinate responses to journalists’ inquiries and media requests in close collaboration with the project team and the Executive Director.
- Disseminate Transparency Maldives’ key messages, advocacy tools and other products, including outreach activities for dissemination of messages.
- Prepare communication and promotional multi-media materials relevant to the project.
- Collate information relating to corruption and good governance in the Maldives and keep informed of developments and trends in the field.
- Represent TM at media engagements when required.
Closing date for applications: 20 August 2015
Duration of Contract: An initial fixed-term contract of 6 months (with a three month probation period) with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
Application and selection procedures: Please e-mail the following documents addressed to Ms. Mariyam Shiuna, Executive Director to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Covering letter explaining your suitability for the role
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Names and contact details of two referees