Application deadline extended from 18 to 22 October 2014
Vacancy: Communication and Project Coordinator
I. Position Summary
The Communication and Project Coordinator will be a core member of the Transparency Maldives team, and will manage one of TM’s projects. She or he will also be responsible for the development and implementation of Transparency Maldives’ communications strategy and relationship building with stakeholders.
II. Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Lead and organize consultative workshops with stakeholders.
2. Undertake research and develop position papers on issues relevant to Transparency Maldives’ cause.
3. Event-manage a multi-stakeholder symposium.
4. Manage consultants and set research specifications.
5. Coordinate media relations including drafting press advisories, press releases, coordinating interviews, monitoring media coverage, coordinating responses to journalists’ inquiries and media requests in close collaboration with the Advocacy and Communications Manager and the Executive Director.
6. Coordinate the dissemination of Transparency Maldives’ key messages, advocacy tools and other products, including outreach activities for dissemination of messages. Preparation of communication and promotional multi-media materials.
7. Manage and develop content for Transparency Maldives’ websites and databases.
8. Collate information relating to corruption and good governance in the Maldives and keep informed of developments and trends in the field.
9. Represent TM at media engagements when required.
III. Key Attributes:
• A high level of personal integrity
• A Bachelors degree in communication, journalism, development studies, international relations or any other related field OR 5 year work experience in a similar position
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Dhivehi and English
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a team
• Diligence, ability to pay attention to detail
• Strong commitment to Transparency Maldives’ and Transparency International’s values and standards
• Proven record of ability to take initiative to develop and complete tasks
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
• Master’s degree in communication, journalism, development studies or international relations
• Familiarity with managing websites and databases
• Experience of project management
• Experience of working with high level stakeholders
Closing date for applications: 22nd October 2014
For more details, view/download the vacancy announcement