Re-announcement for a Communications Officer
Application deadline: 22 August 2013
Transparency Maldives is hiring for the position of Communications Officer who will be a core member of the Transparency Maldives team, operating under the supervision of the Advocacy and Communications Manager and in close collaboration with Project Coordination teams. She or he will be responsible for the development and implementation of Transparency Maldives communications strategy and for collaborating on outreach activities.
I. Position Summary
The Communications Officer will be a core member of the Transparency Maldives team, operating under the supervision of the Advocacy and Communications Manager and in close collaboration with Project Coordination teams. She or he will be responsible for the development and implementation of Transparency Maldives communications strategy and for collaborating on outreach activities.
II. Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate media relations, including drafting press advisories, press releases, coordinating interviews, monitoring media coverage, coordinating responses to journalists inquiries and media requests in close collaboration with Advocacy and Communications Manager and the Executive Director.
2. Develop and maintain a library of media articles and other information relevant to the organization.
3. Coordinate the dissemination of Transparency Maldives key messages, advocacy tools and other products, including outreach activities for dissemination of messages. Preparation of communication and promotional multi-media materials.
4. Management and development of the Transparency Maldives websites and databases with the responsible/relevant Project Coordinators. Websites include TMs main web page, blog, any websites maintained by projects, social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook.
5. Manage and develop SMS system with short code 467 and other similar databases.
6. Gather information, photos and videos of TM events and disseminate such information in a timely manner.
7. Coordinate and publish TMs annual reports and other including production of regular analytical reports that summarize news related to the organization and its activities.
8. Maintain a library of all relevant articles and other information relating to corruption, good governance, democracy and political reform amongst other issues. Keep informed of significant developments and trends in the field.
9. Maintain a library of all relevant corruption cases in the news media, pending at the courts and at the Anti Corruption Commission.
10. Coordinate dissemination of Transparency Maldives civic education publications and other resources used for general awareness on corruption such as TV spots, animations etc.
â€¢ A high level of personal integrity.
â€¢ A Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, humanities, social sciences or a related field OR previous work experience in a similar position.
â€¢ Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Dhivehi and English
â€¢ Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team
â€¢ Diligence, ability to pay attention to detail
â€¢ Strong commitment to Transparency Maldives and Transparency International’s values and standards
â€¢ Enthusiasm and initiative to develop and complete tasks
â€¢ Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
â€¢ Experience in working in an NGO
â€¢ Familiarity managing websites and databases
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
Closing date for applications: 22 August 2013
Duration of Contract: An initial contract of 1 year (with a three month probation period) with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
Application and selection procedures: Email a letter stating clearly which position you are applying for; why you are suitable for the post, recent curriculum vitae and names of two referees addressed to Ms. Ilham Mohamed, Executive Director to [email protected]. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you are short listed you will be notified by either phone or email by 21st August.